Difference between HTTP1.1 vs HTTP2
- The concept of headers both for requests as well as responses was introduced .
- In earlier versions such headers like GET/POST/HEAD which added extend flexibility are not possible with earlier version .
- As TCP connection it allowed single request .
- Other than HTML, the content type header made it possible to send files, including scripts and media.
- The concept of server push is introduced by HTTP2
- The server push helps the server to anticipated the resources that will be required for client and pushes them prior to client making requests.
- It introduces concept of multiplexing which interleaves the requests and responses with out head-of-line blocking and does to over a single TCP connection.
- In HTTP2. It is a binary protocol that is only 0’s and 1’s are transmitted over the wire .
- The data or header greatly increases efficiency in terms of securely, multiplexing.